June 15 Spartanburg SC to Durham NC



I borrowed my Dad's SPOT tracker for the trip, and turned it on today, it sends a gps location each 10 minutes or so, here is the route we rode today.




We took it slower today since we got an earlier start...around 8 or so, and we made it the 215 or so miles to Durham by about 1:30 with a few water/ break stops.

For more about Spot trackers see www.findmespot.com



Here is a pic of Doris and the Bike with the Welcome to North Carolina sign in the background.




Just a pic Doris took from the bike along the way today






Jeff on the bike in front of a apartment complex, which is not the one that Laura lives in...lol







Any way it was a good day with no incedents, Doris took a few other pics from the bike, but we didnt see anything of real interest, as we were more or less trying to get here before it got too hot...It was still over 90 for the last hour to hour and a half.


We will take Laura and her roommates out to dinner tonight, then in the morning will make the run down to top sail beach.


BTW I got a GPS for this trip and figured out how to download waypoints from google map routes, so I can plan an off the beaten path route, and have the gps follow it. Tried that out today, and it worked really well, It would have been a real pain to try to follow that route on a printed map folded up in the map pocket of a tank bag. (I got the Garmin Nuvi 265 T which has a built in mp3 player so I can listen to my music inbetween directions.


Thats all for today,


Jeff and Doris
Edit...I did learn one more thing today
NEVER...I say NEVER use one of the free razors they give out in hotel's if you forgot one.
At least it wasnt spurting.

Comments

  1. Glad you guys are in NC--hugs to Laura! Seeing your neck, although I really want to believe you, but just watched Obama, so pardon my skepticism. Really now, did Doris just get a little too excited?
    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another reason to call you "Short Cut"

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

July 20 - Across North Dakota....all the way across

Durham - Topsail

July 14 - Gettysburg